One of the most effective technologies for protecting metal structures is the hot-dip galvanizing process. Hot galvanizing is the process of coating a metal with a layer of zinc to protect against corrosion by dipping the product into a molten zinc bath at a temperature of about 460 ° C.
“Stalzink” LLP company also provides hot galvanizing services to third parties. The maximum overall dimensions of metal structures that can be galvanized at our enterprise are no more than 12 m in length, not more than 1.4 m in width, and not more than 2 m in height. The capacity of the equipment for hot-dip galvanizing allows processing up to 10,000 tons of metal structures per year.
Stages of hot galvanizing:
DEGREASING - the product is immersed in a solution containing a degreaser based on orthophosphoric acid.
INJECTION - the product is immersed in an aqueous solution of hydrochloric acid.
RINSING - the product is immersed in process water.
FLUXING - the product is immersed in an aqueous solution of zinc chloride and ammonium chloride.
DRYING - the product is placed in a preheating chamber with hot air circulation, which ensures complete drying.
ZINC - the product is placed into a bath with zinc, then removed.
COOLING - the product is immersed in water.
Advantages of hot galvanizing technology:
- Corrosion protection
- According to statistical data, the loss of rolled metal from corrosion is 5-10%, therefore, in conditions of rising prices for energy resources, and accordingly, the product of metal, protection against corrosion becomes most relevant.
- Optimal thickness of the zinc coating, its uniformity and adhesion
- In the hot-dip galvanizing method, a diffusion layer appears.
- Durability of product service
- The service life of the products is extended to 30-50 years.
- It is enough to compare the cost of galvanizing with the cost of painting the product in the course of 30 years plus the cost of labor.
- Increased strength
- Protection against mechanical damage during manipulation: storage, transportation.
- Short processing period
- The product acquires a complete look and aesthetics.